Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pancake Gate

January 22, 2006 - my response to the Pancake Scandal of '06 --

Dear Editor:

Ah, the Pancake Scandal of 2006. I can imagine that our descendents will be telling this story for many generations.

While I appreciate feedback, and the first few days of banter were enjoyable, we are now on day seven of PancakeGate. It may be time to move on to bigger and better things.

I certainly recognize that everyone has the right to express their opinion. Heck, the Bluffton Today pays me to express mine. But, in his letter to the editor, Mr. Brinkman states that I, “constantly put down newer restaurants”, my “columns seem to be written by the Old Town chamber of commerce”, and my “husband ordered two separate items” at the Pancake House. All are untrue.

However, while we are sharing conspiracy theories … listen closely.

I don’t eat food that is green.
I don’t wear bulky sweaters.
I don’t like socks that don’t stay up.
I don’t like the people who pass me on the left on Route 46 (at 65 mph).
I don’t like clip art.
I am addicted to chapstick.

Bunker down Bluffton! The Yankee is coming, the Yankee is coming!

I love Bluffton, and I love (most of) the people. Thank goodness for a society where we can all share our opinions freely.

Next week we tackle French toast. Be prepared.


Courtney Naughton
Columnist and the Most Controversial Person of 2006

No comments: