Friday, February 06, 2009

Writing Project

Ok, so I participate in the "Lowcountry Blog Jam" http://www.lowcountryblogjam.blogspot.com/ - a compilation of blogs from the area.

Per our Blog-Master, it has been slim pickens in the arena of new material lately. And as such, he has requested that we post something, anything to get this thing going again.

He has assigned all of the participants a writing project - an easy one to get us back on the horse again. So, to make him happy I will comply.

Per his request -- here are the 25 most played songs on my iPod.

1. Heat of the Moment, Asia
2. Slide, Goo Goo Dolls
3. Jessie's Girl, Rick Springfield
4. It's My Life, Bon Jovi
5. Southern Cross, Crosby, Stills & Nash
6. Come on Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners
7. Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Looking Glass
8. Closer to Free, BoDeans
9. When The Sun Goes Down, Kenny Chesney
10. Summer, Highland Falls, Billy Joel
11. My Kinda Lover, Billy Squier
12. Runaway, Bon Jovi
13. Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
14. Home, Daughtry
15. Cowboy Take Me Away, Dixie Chicks
16. Everything Falls Apart, Dog's Eye View
17. You're My Home, Billy Joel
18. Half-Life, Duncan Sheik
19. Missed It By a Mile, Blue Dogs
20. Shattered (Turn the Car Around), O.A.R.
21. My Next Thirty Years, Tim McGraw
22. Who Says You Can't Go Home, Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles
23. I Am, Kid Rock
24. Love You 'Til the End, The Pogues
25. Into the Mystic, Van Morrison

I realize as I complete this assignment, that it is one I should assign to my students as an ice-breaker. I think a lot of inferences can be made from an iPod song list. So, what does this say about me?

1 comment:

chaser said...

About you, it says you listen to completely different genres of music than I do. A lot of it seems a fair amount older than the music I am most used to listening to. Though you've got me interested in checking out what my 25 most played songs are. Oh, Born to Run is a cool song.