Sunday, September 07, 2008

Saying Goodbye to a Favorite Pair

It's been weeks now. I guess I knew it was coming.

But, they have been so loyal,always standing with me, that I just couldn't let them go.

So, I worked them hard in those last weeks knowing our time together was short. And as a result - as they began to come apart at the seams - they lost the dignity that they deserved. Even crazy glue couldn't have held them together.

It was one day too many -- a long 12 hour day -- and they just couldn't stand up to the pressure.

At 7:16 p.m. on Tuesday, September 2, I said goodbye to my high-heeled, black, patent leather, strappy sandals.

Today, I will wrap them carefully in tissue paper, place them in their original box (yes, I save them) and after a moment of silence (i.e. consideration as to when and where the next pair may come) I will toss them into the big,green, plastic after life.

Can I get an Amen?

No comments: