Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Buttah is Bettah, Per Paula Deen


You really get a sense of just how big a celebrity is when you try to interview her. My interview with Paula Deen took place via email and via a publicist, and some of my most seering questions were overlooked. But regardless, CH2 scored the interview and there was no way I was turning this one down!

From the June issue of CB/CH2
I’ll admit I’ve been one of the hungry souls standing in line along West Congress Street in Savannah, amid hundreds of other revelers, mouth watering, waiting for a taste of what The Lady & Sons are servin’ up.

As a native Yankee, with a healthy Food Network obsession, I was a disciple of Paula Deen, long before I ever crossed the Mason Dixon line. However, living in her backyard makes any girl feel a certain kinship. With the sass and spitfire of a Yankee, yet the sweet drawl of a southern belle, Deen has launched herself into the spotlight. And with her trademark “y’all” and signature laugh, she has endeared herself to the masses. Continue Reading

1 comment:

Mad Hatter said...

I know there are Paula lovers by the thousands... I went to Bubba's Oyster house, and was so not impressed. Now that is her brother, not Paula. From what I hear, I don't know because I refuse to wait in line to find out, you can get home style comfort food at various outlets around here, like Cripple Crab for instance. But I still hold Paula in high regard, a victim of her own success it seems.