Monday, May 03, 2010

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite

Um, let me first say that this was not one of my all-time favorite assignments. I couldn't figure out how I would possibly make this topic interesting (and, maybe I didn't) ... but, as my mentor told me many moons ago ... "the world is about people." And, he was right ... my "subject" John Harris was a riot and once he got me laughing, I was on his team. So, I hope he enjoys my take on his life ...

CH/CB2 May 2010

“Have you ever ridden the tilt-a-whirl?” That is how John Harris, two years into his role as general manager of Hilton Head Exterminators, describes an “average” day on the job. That gem was quickly followed by, “I don’t want to gross you out too much…”

Both statements offer some interesting insight into what Harris’ life is like on a day-to-day basis. He is down and dirty and into all things that creep, crawl, and lurk—in the night, in your attic, in your walls, in your ductwork, in your backyard. Since 1968, Hilton Head Exterminators (HHE) has been making sure that pests live where they are supposed to. However, when the pests invade your world, HHE’s goal is to drive them out. Serving Hilton Head, Bluffton, Okatie, Sun City, and Jasper County, HHE is the Lowcountry’s largest independent pest control company. Part of the key to their continued growth and success is the recognition that their reputation is being built every day. So, every customer interaction is crucial. HHE’s continued focus on building relationships is part of what makes them stand out. Add a favorable dose of community involvement to mix, and HHE’s formula yields a very impressive result. Continue reading


No comments: