Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little respect for her majesty please ...

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Courtney the Philomath of Divine Intervention
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


I know, I know. This is a lame excuse for a blog post, but it is a start. My friend Patrick (Venerable Lord Patrick the Random of Dramble Buzzcock) had this on his blog and I stole the idea.

However, now that I hold this royal post of ridiculousness, I pledge to post more often. I do have a few ideas brewing so stay tuned for --

"Yeah, You Go Dad"
"A Little Humility Please"
and my personal favorite ... "Holy Shit I am 35 Years Old Today"

Later kids.

P.S. If anyone can find the definition of "philomath" let me know. The American Heritage Dictionary on my desk does not show a listing.

4 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

Most Noble and Honourable Mad Hatter the Imposing of New Porton Wells, wishes to speak. Ok not really, but I have to say of all the intranet garbage, I really like this one.

Southern Focus Designs said...

Mine wasn't as good...

ViscountessSouthernfried the Ebullient of Kesslington under Ox

WileyCoyote said...

Her Noble Excellency Wiley the Potential of Yockenthwait Walden

Great, all I have is potential.

Rofl thanks Courtney!

So MH is Imposing and SF is Ebullient, eh? Veddy Interesting - how do they know ya'll so well?

WileyCoyote said...

Courtney, Wiki says:
Philomath (pronounced /ˡfɪ.loʊ.mæθ/) is defined as a lover of learning, from Greek philos ("beloved," "loving," as in philosophy or philanthropy) + Greek manthanein, math- ("to learn," as in polymath). It is similar to but distinguished from philosophy in that "sophia," the latter suffix, specifies "wisdom" or "knowledge."

"Philomath" is not synonymous with "polymath." A philomath is a seeker of knowledge and facts, while a polymath is a possessor of knowledge in multiple fields.