Monday, May 14, 2007

Say What?

It is no secret that since I've moved South, it has become necessary to change my style. My speaking style that is. I've adopted some key terms i.e. iced tea is ordered as "sweet tea" and "y'all" is beginning to roll off the tongue. Heck (also a recent addition to my vocabulary), when in Rome and all.

Today, the Bluffton Today website had a great post regarding linguistic styles.

Say what, you say?

Well, apparently I say what I say in 45% General American English, 35% Yankee, and 15% Dixie. (No Midwestern or Upper Midwestern in my profile.) Interesting that my numbers only equal 95%, I guess 5% of me remains a mystery ... well that or the test is complete hooey.

So now that I know, that you know, that I know what I sound like ... I thought that you may want to know, what I already know you sound like.

If so, click here - http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofamericanenglishdoyouspeakquiz/

No comments: